So, you think she might pregnant? You are an important part of the decision-making process and the two of you can get through this together.
Your spouse/girlfriend needs your support. She needs information to make the right decision and she needs compassion.
What Can You Do to Help?
- Talk with her and listen to her. Don’t close yourself off emotionally.
- Be there for her. She needs you now more than ever before.
- Communicate with people who care – friends, parents, and/or people you trust and respect like teachers or pastors. Keeping this a secret only adds to the stress of the situation. At Pregnancy Center North, we listen and we care.
- Educate yourself on all the options and risks. Be informed.
- Be honest about your feelings and fears. Open lines of communication are vital to making the right decision.
What NOT to Do
- Don’t run from your responsibility. The more you try to avoid the situation, the worse it will be now and in the future.
- Don’t pressure her to do what you want her to do. Work as a team and make the decision together after weighing all of your options.
- Don’t stop communicating with her. Express your feelings and input whenever possible.